What to write in a Sympathy Card?
Express your Condolences
Condolences are an expression of sympathy to someone who is experiencing pain arising from death.
When personalising the card to your situation, remember to:
1. Select an appropriate card. It doesnâ€™t have to be a sympathy card specifically â€“ it could be a blank card with a nice picture on the front.
2. Take your time â€“ donâ€™t write your sympathy card in a rush.
3. There is no need for a lengthy explanation for why you are writing.
4. Don’t be afraid to share a short story or memory you have about the deceased.
5. Offer specific support. If you want to really help, offer to mow the grass, make soup, or watch the kids. This is much better than saying, “I’m here for you.”
6. Be brief. The more you write, the more likely you will run out of thoughtful words or say the wrong thing. Sometimes a simple, “I am sorry for your loss,” is most appropriate.
Examples of what you can write:
I was deeply saddened by the news of (NAMEâ€™s) passing. My heart felt condolences to you and your family.
Remembering you and (Name) in our minds and in our hearts.
We were coworkers of (NAME). Words cannot express our sorrow. The office wonâ€™t be the same without (HIM/HER). (NAME) will be missed.
I am sorry for your loss. Our thoughts are with you and your family during these difficult times.
I want you to know that I am willing to help you in any way. I’ll be in touch with you to check in on you and see how you are doing.
I am glad to have known (NAME). You have lost a special person.
No one will ever be able to replace (NAME). (He or she) was really special.
I am deeply saddened about the unexpected and tragic loss of your loved one. I will pray for your family and others who are grieving.
We are pleased to announce a stunning addition to our Designers Corner range, a collections of 4 new designs to add to the larger varied contemporary display.
All with a very contemporary and modern vibe have been produced with a high end feel, they are foiled in contemporary Copper, also have black foil and are embossed, cello bagged and finished with a foiled sticker.